1. Sit on your mat, legs stretched out straight before you, with your feet flexed and about 12 inches apart from one another.
2. Raise your arms straight out in front of you, so that your fingertips are facing away from your body. Sit up straight, with your back, neck and head aligned. Keep your shoulders down.
3. Exhale as you reach forward to stretch your spine. Do not bend at the waist or hips to move forward. The only things that should move are your head, neck, arms and shoulders, with their stretch forming the shape of a C.
4. Inhale as you roll back up. Sit up straight, again with your back, neck and head aligned.
5. Repeat Step 3 and Step 4 several times.