What you will need:
- A quiet place where you will not be disturbed
- Regular practice, preferably for 15 minutes a day at the same time of day – meditation in the morning helps you to feel calm and centered for the rest of the day; meditation at night allows your to wind down
- An empty stomach
- A comfortable position (usually sitting to stop you from falling asleep)
- A focus for the mind to help you withdraw from your environment
Quick and Easy Meditation
- Sit comfortably with your spine straight. Look downward, but not focusing on anything.
- Let your eyelids drop to a level that feels comfortable without closing your eyes completely.
- Continue to look downward. You should notice that your breathing is slower and deeper.
- Return your eyes to their normal focus after a couple of minutes. You should feel relaxed and calm.